Post Archive

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Setting My Intentions



Setting intentions is an important tool for achieving goals. 

In my weight-loss journey, I had set a new goal for myself:  140 lbs. 
I am officially 11 pounds away, and I have a renewed sense of determination.  With this renewed feeling, it is necessary to reestablish my intentions. 

For these last 11 pounds before I head into maintenance, I WILL to do the following:

-- Stick to a solid, healthy diet.  Goal: 1200-1400 calories/daily

-- Gym workouts twice a week, either M.W or T.TH
[Gym workouts to combine a minimum of 20-30 min cardio with 15-20 min muscle group focus]

--Yoga workout once a week on Saturday or Sunday mornings

-- Increase water intake, decrease Diet Coke intake
[currently drinking 1 can of Diet Coke a day, limit to 1 can every other day]

-- Stay positive, happy, and healthy 
[tell yourself you are beautiful and capable every. single. day.]

I think it's vital to say that my last intention is my most important intention.  I think I have said previously that I used self-hatred to motivate myself in the past, and I am ready to put that mindset behind me.  I want to reach my goal while also loving my body. 

Now that I've set my intentions, what are yours?
Write them down... on a post-it, in your journal, in your phone, on a receipt...anywhere! Keep them to yourself or share them with a friend.  Either way, write them down, and remember to stay focused and motivated.  Refer to these intentions daily to remind yourself of your goals. 
And stay positive!


No comments:

Post a Comment